DSWD Administrative Order 2 series 2016
- To recommend policies and programs for disaster response management.
- Lead in the planning, coordination and monitoring of all disaster related/response efforts in accordance with Republic Act 10121, also known as the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, including disaster preparedness, mitigation, recovery and rehabilitation.
- Develop and enhance operational guidelines along disaster risk reduction and management and special concerns to ensure smooth implementation in the Field Offices/LGUs and intermediaries;
- Translate and adopt international/global standards to local disaster management situations.
- Plan and coordinate international, national and local assistance efforts in relation to the DSWD function as lead agency of Food and Non-Food Cluster, Camp Coordination and Management Cluster, Protection, Shelter and Livelihood Cluster;
- Provide technical assistance and resource augmentation to DSWD Field Offices and other intermediaries for the implementation or management of disaster operations;
- Adhere to and adopt universal norms, principles and standards of humanitarian assistance;
- Enhance existing procedures, structures and mechanisms on disaster data management and information dissemination;
- Study and assess the need of the Field Offices and recommend allocation of program funds and augmentation support for LG Us and other intermediaries;
- Act as the Secretariat for focal point for the inter-agency, inter-cluster, inter-country coordination efforts along disaster management and special concerns; and
- Coordinate and liaise with the DROMIC for information related to disaster, response operations.
Key Result Areas:
- Technical Assistance and Resource Augmentation to DSWD Field Offices
- DRRM operational policy development
- Disaster Information Management
- Response Pillar/Thematic Area Coordination